An amazingly simple, advanced treatment for sleep apnea
Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy is an effective, prescription treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). This discreet, disposable device is applied to the nostrils nightly and requires no mask or machine.
- Simple Provent Therapy uses the power of your own breathing to hold the airway open and enable natural airflow.
- Effective In clinical studies, Provent Therapy demonstrated significant levels of improvement across all levels of OSA.
- Mask Free As an alternative to CPAP, it’s small and disposable, making it discreet and very convenient.
- Ideal for Travel Small, discreet and disposable Provent patches are convenient for use nightly at home and while traveling.
- American Made Provent is proudly made in the USA and is available directly to veterans through the VA Medical System.
- Latex Free Comfortable and breathable Provent patches are easy to apply and contain no natural rubber Latex.
PROVENT is a therapy for sleep apnea and snoring that uses EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure) technology. PROVENT are a disposable, band aid like device that stick onto your nostrils. During the inhalation phase (breathing in) a valve opens allowing you to breathe in freely. When exhaling (breathing out) the valve closes, which will redirect your breath out two small air channels. This increase of pressure in the airway helps to keep the airway open until the start of the next breath.
PROVENT can be used to treat all severities of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. The therapy should be discussed with your Doctor before you try it. PROVENT has been an effective therapy for our patients. Patient’s that travel to places that don’t have electricity or where packing space is at a premium are the ones that seem to be getting the most benefit. A fortnight worth of PROVENT can fit inside your top pocket.
As with other Medical therapies, PROVENT takes a period of adjustment. This PROVENT starter pack is designed to help ease you into the therapy. By reducing the resistance on the exhale in the first handful of nights nights, it allows you to adjust your breathing more steadly. For some people, it may take a week or more to get used to PROVENT therapy; persistence is important. When using PROVENT you will noticewhen you are talking there are vibrations. Exhaling will be more difficult also. This is the norm, but you will adjust. Using PROVENT during the day to practice is a good strategy to adjusting. PROVENT can be used as a frontline therapy for all severities of sleep apnoea. Travel is the most popular reason for our patients to use PROVENT. The majority of our patients who use PROVENT will use their CPAP device at home, then pack some PROVENT for out on the road. We recommend trialing PROVENT at home before you go away. Like any therapy, there is not a 100% success rate. The last thing we want is for you to go away without trialing PROVENT and finding it not suitable for you. Dr SleepRight says: We like the starter pack of PROVENT. We have found by allowing people to ease into it, we have improved our compliance with it significantly.